Trained by years of corporate life, making personal Tasks and Targets (T&T) for the year has become an annual affair. For my investment journey this year, I have set the following T&T for 2021:
1. Increase my net worth by 5% is the key overriding one. After failing to deliver on this target last year, I have moderated down my expectation given the uncertainties that are still around today.
2. Reduce my debt level further by the same quantum as this year. I like to be “debt-free” by the time I retire.
3. Diversify my portfolio further by
- Growing my index portfolio to 32% of total
- Growing my overseas exposure to 28% of equity portfolio
- Maintaining total holding of Top10 equities counter to < 30% of total
4. Achieve 4.5% dividend yield on my equity portfolio (down from my usual target of 5%) and 3% on index portfolio
5. Reduce number of holding in my equity portfolio to < 60 counters
6. Read one personal investment and one self improvement books a quarter
I hope you will find this useful.
Better still if it inspires you to set similar personal financial target for yourself.
Happy New Year folks and wishing everyone a safe, joyous and successful 2021.