Thought of doing a short post to record my target in my journey towards financial independence for this year. (Study has shown that by writing down your targets, you have a higher chance of achieving them)
My targets are:
- To achieve 4.5% dividend yield on my equity portfolio (achieved last year)
- To achieve 2.5% dividend yield on my index/permanent portfolio (achieved last year)
- To have a higher absolute amount of dividend compared to last year (achieved last year)
- To increase % of index/permanent portfolio over total portfolio to 35% (versus 33% last year)
- To increase % of overseas equities / total equities to 36% (versus 34% last year)
- To reduce % of the value of Top 10 equities / total equities to 38% (versus 41% last year)
- To reduce # of holding in shares to 26 (versus 28 last year)
- To reduce overall debt by $100,000
Hope you find this sharing useful.
Have a great, safe and prosperous New Year !